The vision of the Mary Lin Elementary School Counseling Program is providing pathways to big dreams. I strive to help students along their unique routes in achieving their goals.
The mission of the Mary Lin Elementary School Counseling Program is to provide a safe, nurturing, non-threatening environment for all students to reach their full potential. My goal is to address the academic, social/emotional and career development needs of students to help them overcome barriers to learning. All stakeholders shall work collaboratively to ensure student success and to increase academic achievement. I will do this with creativity and innovation.
I, as a School Counselor, believe:
- That all students can achieve.
- It is important to focus on the whole child and meet their unique developmental needs.
- High expectations will result in optimum teaching and learning.
- All students deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All students should know that they are a valuable part of the school community.
- Be available to all students.
- Use the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Standards.
- Utilize data to drive school counseling activities and to monitor student success.
- Be in line with Atlanta Public Schools' Strategic Plan.
- Work towards the goals of the Mary Lin Elementary School Improvement Plan.
- Be an advocate for our students.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.